The main objective of this meeting is to provide an update on the current knowledge and future directions on the study of CCA at a basic and clinical point of view.
Specifically, the main objectives of this conference are:
- To know the main features of cholangiocarcinoma.
- To understand the mechanisms leading to malignant transformation of biliary cells.
- To understand the molecular mechanisms that govern the development and growth of these tumors (signaling pathways).
- To know the principles of genetic and epigenetic defects as determinants of cholangiocarcinogenesis.
- To know the role of progenitor cells in cholangiocarcinogenesis.
- To promote knowledge on novel patient classifications
To know the current emerging therapies.
- To know the future directions in basic and translational research as well as clinical medicine.